Accredited Colleges with Online Programs for Web Developers
Web developers are responsible for building, maintaining, and enhancing a website’s functionality. These professionals are sometimes confused with web designers. It’s important to note that developers differ from web designers – web designers manage the aesthetic layout and composition of websites whereas web developers oversee the technical aspects of Web site creation.
Individuals looking to begin or expand upon their education in web development at an online college have a couple of options: Prospective students can enroll in an associate program, where they will learn about tools, technologies, and practices at an introductory level, or a bachelor’s degree program, where they will receive more comprehensive, well-rounded instruction on a wide range to topics relating to the industry. Both program options have distinct advantages and may aid individuals in achieving their professional goals.
Differences between Programs in Web Development
Degree programs offered at online colleges focus on a variety of topics, and lengths and prospective career paths may vary depending on the chosen degree level.
- Associate degree in web development: Programs may be completed in approximately two years. Graduates generally begin careers in support positions, such as assistant developers or software applications testers.
- Bachelor’s degree in web development: This degree can typically be earned in four years, but some schools offer the option to take courses year round, allowing students to complete their degrees in less than four years. Completing a bachelor’s degree program may qualify individuals for entry-level careers as web developers or applications developers. Some employers may require professional experience in addition to a degree.
View Online College Web Development Courses Below
Earn a Certificate, Associate, Bachelor, Master's or Doctorate for less at Baker College Online.
- Associate of Applied Science - Web Development
- Bachelor of Web Development
At University of Phoenix, we believe everyone deserves access to higher education.
Career-focused education for real‐world results.
Learning at Full Sail University has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas. Our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy.
- Web Design and Development, Bachelor of Science (Online)
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you’re going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that’s focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination. A collaborative education at The Art Institute of Atlanta-Decatur, a branch of The Art Institute of Atlanta, is all about the work, the students who create it, and the instructors who guide them.
The first step is to explore these areas of study, and think about where you fit in an industry that runs on ideas.
- Web Design & Interactive Media (BA)
- Web Design & Interactive Media (AS)