Top 50 Blogs for College Students
Browse by Date
By Aimee Hosler | Mar 8, 2012
In this digital age, there are few better ways to gain a glimpse into the secret lives of today's college students than through their blogs. Whether their authors attend traditional or online colleges, student blogs are an excellent way to learn about (or indulge in) the student lifestyle. Need some inspiration? Look to these top 50 college blogs chosen for their educational, entertaining or cultural insights. You'll even find a few written by college students who are beyond the "traditional" college age. While you'll see that these blogs are divided into categories (with the author's names at the beginning of some, when available), you'll also discover that enlightenment, entertainment and education are the common themes.
- College Fashion: Get fashion and beauty tips from (and for) stylish college girls.
- Open Culture: This blog's sole mission is to aggregate free, helpful college-related media into one central source. Includes movies, ebooks, audio files and more.
- DormDelicious: Various colleges and students: This blog was designed to provide dorm decorating advice, but has expanded to cover virtually any topic dealing with college culture and living.
- Surviving College Life: This self-described "every-student's guide to the ins and outs of college" offers quirky, but useful tips and advice for surviving your college years.
- phreshly squeezed: By Barbara Leung: This twenty-something NYU communications major talks fashion and culture in one of America's most stylish cities.
- Kineda: This lifestyle blog features top fashion and entertainment news for young adults, including college students.
- Thifty Threads: This blog featuring five UGA grads offers tips for maintaining your sense of style on a college budget.
- The College Prepster: Read college style tips and observations from this college senior, a self-described "prepster."
- Talk Nerdy 2 Me: With topic categories like "eco geek," "fit geek" and "chic geek," this "college life blog," sponsored by the National Society of Collegiate Scholars offers a little something for everyone.
- The College Crush: Kira Sabin and Brit Elrick; A life coach and a writer/photographer offer pithy, sometimes-too-relatable advice on surviving the modern college relationship scene.
- Big Girls, Small Kitchen College; Various colleges and students: Even poor college kids deserve yummy food. Learn how to make it (and on a budget, too) here.
- College Candy: This college style and entertainment magazine is a great study distraction.
- MBA Social: This lifestyle blog designed for business students tackles everything from the latest headlines to dating advice.
- Lovely Undergrad: Jessica Hansen: This blog started as a digital scrapbook of dorm decorating advice, but has expanded to cover several aspects of college women's culture.
- RUckmakers; This blog's mission statement is to inspire "revolutionary thoughts and ideas." Topics include politics, culture and pretty much everything else.
- The College Critic: This blog is a college foodie's dream come true. Includes recipes, campus dining reviews and more.
- College Grubbin: College students need not survive on Ramen noodles alone, and these two college students are ready to prove it.
- College Being: This community of "college beings" is determined to make you laugh, but expect to learn a little along the way, too.
- College Humor: This blog is well-stocked with laugh-out-loud videos, pictures and witty posts designed with college students in mind.
- Funny or Die College: Find some of the web's funniest videos and photos in this college-inspired wing of the popular humor site Funny or Die.
- Points in Case: Find funny college quotes, jokes and articles on this blog by (and for) college students with a funny bone.
- Don't Panic!: Andy Moore: This comic strip's tag-line is "College. Nerds. Extra Caffeinated!" Need we say more
- Campus Grotto: This blog's info-packed posts have been featured by the likes of the Washington Post, the New York Times and Forbes. Topics range from student finance tips to college rankings.
- Hack College: Want to know how to make it through college with your sanity intact? This blog's tag-line, "Work smarter, not harder," fits it well. Find tools and tips that make college (and life) manageable.
- Academic Proofreader: Dr. Caroline Davis: Successful students must be able to write well. Get help with your writing through this blog, penned by an English-professor-turned-writing-tutor.
- Campus Chat by College Prowler: This useful blog makes admissions, career and financial aid advice downright readable.
- Cheap Scholar: College wrecking havoc on your bottom line? Learn how to manage your student finances through this blog penned by financial aid administrator Doug Schantz.
- College Media Matters: Dam Reimold: According to its mission, this student journalism blog features newsworthy (and sometimes controversial) stories from colleges worldwide.
- College Info Geek: With articles like "14 legit study spots to help you reach your zen state" and study music reviews, this clever blog is as entertaining as it is educational.
- Surviving College: Various colleges and students: Featuring everything from product reviews to career advice, this blog was designed to help you make it through college intact.
- Stu-DENT Diaries: This blog for (and by) dental students is chock full of helpful information about pursuing a career in health care.
- The Big Q: This blog explores student ethics in an unexpected way. Topics range from college athletics to "sexting."
- Poorer Than You: Let this New York college student teach you a thing or two about surviving on a student budget.
A Day in the Life
- Harvard College Student Blog: Get a peek into a premier Ivy League college through the musings of its students.
- Pre-Med Hell: Mohammad Arfeen, Brian Ascani and Erin Breedlove: This blog's writers' primary goals are 1) to survive med school (mostly) intact, and 2) to help you do the same. Mostly.
- The Unofficial Stanford Blog: Sometimes funny, but always interesting, this student-run blog features the musings of Stanford University students.
- The OLINsider: Get the inside scoop on the lives of Olin College students from -- who else? -- a few of its word-smith students.
- See What I See: Ali Gingras: This CMC business student is determined to lead a life of adventure (and write about it).
- Life in Ski Town USA: Benjamin: Get a glimpse into the life of this sustainability studies student at Colorado Mountain College in Steamboat Springs, Colo., a ski haven. Be sure to check out his videos!
- Bluebird Ski: Madison Bailey Peth: Read about this music-lover's pursuit of good tunes (and great connections) in Steamboat Springs.
- Candid at Cornell: David Schatz: Get to know this Cornell University Arts and Sciences student as he navigates life at an Ivy League institution.
- Rantings of a Middle-Aged College Student: Connie: This blogger proves you don't have to be a recent high school grad to rock your way through college. Read her musings here.
- Study Abroad Bloggers: This blog -- penned by several Bucknell University students -- is a must-read for anyone considering studying abroad.
- You Got a Degree: Now What?: Kindall Duke: A college degree is just one more step in your quest for self-realization. Need a companion? Find one in this recent grad.
- Diaries of a Neurotic Non-Trad: Nicki Ditch: This 30-something year mom embraces her status as a non-traditional grad student.
- Study Successful: Stefan Knapen: This English-language blog from a Dutch med student offers practical, truly universal study and productivity tips.
- MIT Student Bloggers: In 2009, MIT made headlines by allowing students to blog on their official domain without a lick of censorship. The result? Candid stories and insights from students attending one of the most academically competitive schools in the country.
- No, I Am a Cat: This communication grad student's blog is quirky/cute, not to mention informative for anyone considering studying at her alma mater.
- Danny B's Blog: Daniel: Read the musings of this Electronics Media major. Topics range from politics to zombies.
- University of Nonsensical Happenings: This blog, penned by several University of New Hampshire students, is as much about the college experience as it is about life in Durham.