Find Online Classes for Cyber Security and Program Information
Cyber security is all about stopping hackers, worms and viruses from infecting, controlling and compromising computers and data. Computer security analysts can be called IT security analysts, ethical hackers, and penetration testers and can work alone or in teams to assess a network's potential weaknesses and implement security measures.
Accredited Online Programs for Cyber Security - What You May Learn
While IT security schools can teach a combination of computer science and computer programming to students (bls.gov/ooh, 2012), there has also been a long push on schools to teach hacking as well (securityfocus.com, 2007). Computer science can provide the foundation for students to understand how a security protocol works, how methods of attack work, and why security failures happen. Computer programming can allow students to understand and reverse engineer security programs such as worms, viruses and Trojans while also guarding against them. Finally, classes and programs in hacking provide students with the real world understanding of how computer science and computer programming can be used together to break security protocols or ensure the security of sensitive data (schneier.com, 2006).
IT security classes students may encounter during a degree program can include the following:
- Emerging Threats and & Defenses - Learn about the next big thing and how to stop it.
- Mobile Security - Protect data and hardware in the increasingly personal mobile market.
- Security Protocols - Learn industry best practices for safeguarding data.
- Computer Security & Cryptography - Discover how complex puzzle and code breaking elements can help computer security and password protection.
- Cloud Computing, Privacy & Security - As the cloud becomes ever larger, learn how to safeguard remote data.
- Security Risk Management - Learn how to minimize the risk of attack and damage, as nothing can be completely secure.
- Disaster Recovery - When attacks do occur and data is lost, learn how to get back on your feet fast.
Online college degrees in computer security can be earned from the associate to doctorate level, usually in computer science but also in related fields such as information systems or computer programming. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, prospective information security analysts may also benefit from earning an MBA in information systems and generally require prior work experience in the IT field (bls.gov/ooh, 2012).
View Online College Security Courses Below
At University of Phoenix, we believe everyone deserves access to higher education.
Five colleges of study. One clear focus: Your career success.
Earn the respect of employers with a degree you can earn on campus, online or both.
Earn a Certificate, Associate, Bachelor, Master's or Doctorate for less at Baker College Online.
Thanks to Florida Tech offering intensive degree programs 100% online, students located all over the world have the opportunity to access the same world-class education as those who attend classes on the main campus in Melbourne, Florida.
Earn a respected bachelor's degree, master's degree, or Ph.D. online at Walden University.
- B.S. in Criminal Justice - Computer Information Systems and Security
- Masters of Information Systems Management - Enterprise Information Security
- M.S. in Information Technology - Information Security
- B.S. in Information Technology - Application Development, Testing, and Quality Assurance
To succeed in today’s world, you need an edge. Get it at ECPI University!
- Network Security - Associate
- Network Security - Bachelor