Canada Online Colleges
Canada, the world's second-largest country by landmass, has a low population density of 3.3 people per square kilometer. Given the remoteness of many communities, it's no wonder there is a rich history of distance learning in Canada. Now, where the famous mounted police once brought course materials to students, the Internet has taken over the job. But it's not just people in rural or isolated areas who are taking advantage of the Web to get a college education. Students all over the country are discovering the benefits of online universities serving Canada.
Benefits of Online Schools Serving Canada
Whether you're a frequent business traveler or find it difficult to travel because you live in an rugged region of the country, online schools are a great option. Just log in to the virtual classroom where and when it works for you -- from home, a hotel room, anywhere there's an Internet connection. People choose to study online in Canada for this convenience, but also because of the flexibility and economy of virtual schools. Many online colleges serving Canada offer ""non-paced"" classes, which you can begin at any time and take as long as a year to finish. And you can pay per-course at many online colleges, allowing you to take a single interesting class or work toward a degree without a big lump-sum tuition expenditure. When the Internet is your campus, there are no room and board expenses. But you not only save money by going to school online. You can continue to make money by holding down a full-time job while studying over the web, increasing your earning power by acquiring new academic credentials and marketable skills.
- Enrollment is surging at Canada's online universities. At two leading online schools, enrollment went up by 50% and 35%, respectively, between 2002-2008.
- According the the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada, more than 50% of university courses now have an online component.
- The Canadian government committed to expanding and improving online education by setting up an interdepartmental committee on electronic learning.
Online Schools in Canada
This list also contains online colleges that accept students from Canada.
Advance your career without uprooting your family at Western New England College.
With more than 160 fully accredited programs of study, Liberty University Online offers degrees from the certificate to the postgraduate level.
Continue your education with Strayer University.
Earn your degree or diploma on your schedule and succeed at Ashworth College.
Want to study at a UK university without leaving your house? The University of Liverpool offers online Masters and Doctoral programmes.
Study online with University of Roehampton, London Online.
Imagine graduating college with no debt. We don't accept financial aid but you won't need it.
- Associate of Arts in General Studies with a concentration in Business
- Bachelor of Arts in Management with a concentration in Leadership
- Bachelor of Arts in Management with a concentration in Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Arts in Leadership with a concentration in Management